Our boat is a Lagoon 380, hull number 509, from 2008. We bought it in the winter 2014/2015 and have been sailing for about a month each summer, but now she will be our home for the next year.
We named her S/Y Barit, which is a bit of a word game. If you write it as one word you get the Swedish word ”sybarit” (in English ”sybarite”) which means something like ”someone that enjoys life”. We thought that it would be a suiting name since our goal for this year is to really enjoy our lives and enjoy to be together as a family.
When thinking about it I realize that the previous owner upgraded her a bit upon purchase and we have really given her quite a lot of small and big upgrades.
Non-standard equipment when we bought her:
– Extra anchor in the rear
– Solar panels over davits
– Code 0 sail
Upgrades made by us:
– Coppercoat on the hull
– Watermaker (Echo-Tec)
– New Quantum radar (Raymarine)
– New plotter (Raymarine E-97)
– Bigger radar reflector
– New bigger solar panels over davits, old panels moved to hard-top
– New solar chargers
– VHF-mic in the cockpit
– Parasail made by Wingaker
– Shelves in wardrobes
– New outlet (in the sink in the owners head) for the water-cooled fridge (Yey! It’s much quieter)
– Re-organizing some of the french wirings…
– Foot-pumps for seawater in both heads
– Lithium batteries
– New gas locker for Swedish size bottles (thanks Kent for your help)
– Electromagnetic valve so the gas can be switched off from indoors
– Half an SSB-radio (still missing antenna but slowly working on that…)
– Extra shelves in several outdoor lockers for storing jerry cans, generator etc.
– Rocna 33 kg anchor
– Hydrovane wind vane ordered, but not installed yet (to be installed at Guernsey)
(More info and upgrades will be added continously)